wanted! Plans or tips on building a weedeater non friction bike

wanted! Plans or tips on building a weedeater non friction bike

machv5
I have a McCulloch mini mac 2815 weedeater engine that I want to use to power a mountain bike. I want it to be ether chain or belt driven as I find that the friction driven ones more destructive to parts and longevity of the engine. And wasteful of energy. preferably I want it to be chain driven but think it may be trickier to achieve regarding ratios and tolerances over belts with pulley wheels. Does anyone have plans I could use or borrow from? I find sped up videos with scant instructions not all that helpful and with photos it's easy to miss or miss judge dimensions. Thanks

I did skim through the other posts but couldn't find what I'm looking for but will still keep plodding through the threads in case there is something.

Re: wanted! Plans or tips on building a weedeater non friction bike

augidog
Administrator
This post was updated on .
it looks like the mini mac is direct drive (no clutch) ? if so, that's going to be a problem. i've upgraded your account so that you may start a new thread in our " bikes & builds" section and post a picture or two. a direct-drive engine may make a good bump-start friction drive, but i can't think of any other way to make use of it. it all depends on what the output shaft looks like. post that new thread with pictures and let's see what we've got to work with.
Even looking at a map takes on a different feeling, than it did in our pre-MB years. -bamabikeguy-
Get a bicycle, you will not regret it. If you live. -Mark Twain-
The bike saved my life by giving me one. -augidog-