testing new mobile posting interface

augidog
Administrator
It's a simpler display intended to make mobile posting easier.

I like it so far, but would appreciate feedback. I can turn it off if consensus wants it off.
Even looking at a map takes on a different feeling, than it did in our pre-MB years. -bamabikeguy-
Get a bicycle, you will not regret it. If you live. -Mark Twain-
The bike saved my life by giving me one. -augidog-

Re: testing new mobile posting interface

landuse
Looks good to me Augi

Re: testing new mobile posting interface

augidog
Administrator
hi Paul, it's always good to see you surface here...so are you posting from a mobile device, and saying it works for you, or are you giving feedback on the appearance of the post?
Even looking at a map takes on a different feeling, than it did in our pre-MB years. -bamabikeguy-
Get a bicycle, you will not regret it. If you live. -Mark Twain-
The bike saved my life by giving me one. -augidog-

Re: testing new mobile posting interface

landuse
Hi Augie, good to be here. I check the forum every day, but never really post.

I wasn't posting from a monile device, but I have just had a look at the post on my tablet, and it looks the same to me as it does on my computer screen. I have no problem with the layout either way

Re: testing new mobile posting interface

augidog
Administrator
all this feature does is streamline the display when posting from a device, it doesn't affect the post itself. I tried it from my blackberry (which btw also works with full html) and it wasn't much different, it just adjusts for the smaller resolutions of a handheld. I found it cleaner, with no need for zooming or scrolling.

I'd like some feedback from handhelds, especially if it's causing problems, but the feature's probably not even noticeable if you're not looking for it.
Even looking at a map takes on a different feeling, than it did in our pre-MB years. -bamabikeguy-
Get a bicycle, you will not regret it. If you live. -Mark Twain-
The bike saved my life by giving me one. -augidog-

Re: testing new mobile posting interface

landuse
I just tried it on my Nokia smartphone which has a pretty small screen. The text does adjust to the size of my screen so that I don't have to scroll around to read it. Images are still large and scrolls a bit funny on my phone.