It's 33 miles around Crater Lake

augidog
Administrator
...just sayin'...

https://home.nps.gov/crla/index.htm

even with my medical obstacles, I think I could manage this ride. I know the bike can.

this is one of those moments, I can almost feel 'bama looking over my shoulder
Even looking at a map takes on a different feeling, than it did in our pre-MB years. -bamabikeguy-
Get a bicycle, you will not regret it. If you live. -Mark Twain-
The bike saved my life by giving me one. -augidog-

Re: It's 33 miles around Crater Lake

cpuaid
Administrator
beautiful scenery and a casual pace would definitely make it do able for you, brother.
one of these days we'll make it a trip.

Re: It's 33 miles around Crater Lake

augidog
Administrator
it's going to happen, this summer, my good friend across the street has a small camper-trailer, and he says he's happy to get me and the bike there, and to pace me with the truck for a day. we'll make a grand 3-day adventure out of it.

so someday i'll be posting "wish you were here!"

Even looking at a map takes on a different feeling, than it did in our pre-MB years. -bamabikeguy-
Get a bicycle, you will not regret it. If you live. -Mark Twain-
The bike saved my life by giving me one. -augidog-

Re: It's 33 miles around Crater Lake

Lewis-S

 Back when I was younger, stronger, and a bit more adventurous I was living in K-Falls, and the local bike group decided to do a bicycle day ride around the rim.   Because of the altitude you really have to pace yourself, which I didn't and I almost 'bonked' on the Mt. Scott hill.  I had to sit on side the road for 30 minutes nursing an big juice drink and a package of cookies.  Yeah my legs weren't up to the challenge, and on top of that I had a Bald Face wasp fly into my helmet and sting me multiple times on the final descent to the FS ranger station.

  Those suckers are mean.

  Pack some sunscreen and lots of water, watch out for big motorhomes, and pay attention to the presence of wasps, as Summer goes into Fall they get more likely to go after bright colors and they get nastier.

Re: It's 33 miles around Crater Lake

augidog
Administrator
I have to admit I'm not an avid Pedaler, but with appropriate assist I can handle this. I have attacked and conquered some pretty grueling grades, and what I like the best about that is looking back down the hill at what I just did.

By having a "headquarter" and a spotter I'm wimping out a bit compared to my past adventures, but I have to settle for what I can get. Eligard hormone treatment really changes the game. I have a slightly more powerful controller for the electric hub, which I will be installing in anticipation of this run. I'll post more about that in my build thread when I do the work. I'm not in any hurry to break into the box and rewire, so for now the new controller sits on my desk pestering me on a daily basis.
Even looking at a map takes on a different feeling, than it did in our pre-MB years. -bamabikeguy-
Get a bicycle, you will not regret it. If you live. -Mark Twain-
The bike saved my life by giving me one. -augidog-

Re: It's 33 miles around Crater Lake

cpuaid
Administrator
just take it nice and slow, friend. i'm still hobbling around myself due to my recent back issues. i showed my regional manager postings of your bike and it's tri-power capabilities. being an older gentleman from Kansas, he was very impressed. hopefully you can take more shorts jaunts around the area just to get more exposure to your handy work.