Commemorative Plaque on behalf of Motor-Assisted Bicycling

Commemorative Plaque on behalf of Motor-Assisted Bicycling

augidog
Administrator
This post was updated on .
This forum has always been lucky to have among its membership a fellow we know as "cargo-master"...the MaB community first met Jimmy Brackett when he helped me board the ferry for Alaska in 2010 during my personal "long ride" and he has been an avid enthusiast of the motorsport ever since.

Recently we became luckier still when he donated the funds for a Commemorative Plaque on behalf of our little group.

Read more about the plaques here: http://wymanmemorialproject.blogspot.com/p/plaque-sponsors.html

It's been decided that Rif Addams will be honored for his Centennial recreation by having choice of location, and when that is done, we will have to facilitate the placement through The Projects volunteer program:

http://wymanmemorialproject.blogspot.com/p/wyman-volunteer-program.html

I've been given the honor of composing the dedication. Right now, I'm just not sure what to do about that. I suspect we'll start a discussion and encourage participation on the final version. We have time.

For now, I just wanted to make the official announcement that we are in...thank you, Jimmy
Even looking at a map takes on a different feeling, than it did in our pre-MB years. -bamabikeguy-
Get a bicycle, you will not regret it. If you live. -Mark Twain-
The bike saved my life by giving me one. -augidog-

Re: Commemorative Plaque on behalf of Motor-Assisted Bicycling

cargo-master
It's an honor & a pleasure. MAB is fun.

Re: Commemorative Plaque on behalf of Motor-Assisted Bicycling

augidog
Administrator
This post was updated on .
after some discussion, among close friends, here's the dedication. it's a real treat to have our friendship contribute to, and therefore become a part of, something larger.

Dedicated by Jimmy Brackett & Augie Deabler, on behalf of todays Long Distance Motor-Assisted Bicyclist.
Even looking at a map takes on a different feeling, than it did in our pre-MB years. -bamabikeguy-
Get a bicycle, you will not regret it. If you live. -Mark Twain-
The bike saved my life by giving me one. -augidog-

Re: Commemorative Plaque on behalf of Motor-Assisted Bicycling

Rif Addams
Let the solution be the revolution
"I just wanna have some fun, before they throw me in the sanitarium!"

Re: Commemorative Plaque on behalf of Motor-Assisted Bicycling

augidog
Administrator
This post was updated on .
From Tim's latest posting:

"Success!  The Union Grill has joined the Project as the hosting authority for the Wyman memorial plaque and waypoint sign for the 528.2 LH Becraft Bicycle Shop waypoint at the corner of Grant and 24th St.  Pictured here is the General Manager dry fitting the mounting location with my travel samples."

They're placing the plaque and marker right by their main entrance, and the parking lot is where the L.H. Becraft Bicycle Shop stood in 1903. The entire area is steeped in history, so George will get a lot of attention with this placement. Great job, Tim, and thank you!

And of course a big THANK YOU to The Union Grill as well!
Even looking at a map takes on a different feeling, than it did in our pre-MB years. -bamabikeguy-
Get a bicycle, you will not regret it. If you live. -Mark Twain-
The bike saved my life by giving me one. -augidog-

Get a bicycle, you will not regret it. If you live. -Mark Twain-
The bike saved my life by giving me one. -augidog-

Re: Commemorative Plaque on behalf of Motor-Assisted Bicycling

augidog
Administrator
this is what is called a "location specific" plaque, the second paragraph being specific to the location.

Even looking at a map takes on a different feeling, than it did in our pre-MB years. -bamabikeguy-
Get a bicycle, you will not regret it. If you live. -Mark Twain-
The bike saved my life by giving me one. -augidog-

Re: Commemorative Plaque on behalf of Motor-Assisted Bicycling

augidog
Administrator
cargo-master gets his Wyman Sponsor Swag